As a member of the medicinal chemistry team, you will contribute to the success of Mannin small molecule drug discovery programs by the supervised design of new molecules with improved properties, independent synthesis planning and execution of multi-step organic synthesis in the lab.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop synthetic routes for bioactive small molecules and execute a broad variety of modern organic chemical transformations in the lab.
- Contribute to the design of novel pharmacologically active molecules.
- Solve scientific challenges when working with novel small molecules.
- Analyse project data and communicate findings in project meetings.
- Enhance Mannin’s operational efficiency and flexibility through continuous improvement of processes in the lab and implementation of best practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to ensure a world-class chemistry team.
- Support the successful delivery of drug candidates.
- Contribute to project meetings to the success of small molecule drug discovery programs.
Unique career and work-style opportunities for you
- Dedicated time to innovate outside the box: For 20% of your time, you will be given opportunities to pursue the scientific areas that truly matter to you and that support the company’s objectives. Perhaps you’re interested in exploring specific scientific topics in depth that are not directly linked to your day-to-day work. Or you would like to explore how drug discovery can be enhanced by new collaborations or enabling technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Nanotechnology, Augmented/Virtual Reality, 3-D Printing, Blockchain or anything else you think could be leveraging our innovation capability. You will have the freedom to pursue these special interests 1 day a week working from the lab or from a location of your choice.
- Your well-being at work: We will work with you and your research colleagues to embed your well-being into your daily work to help you experience well-being while at work, not just when you’re away from work.
- Creating Teams that use technology to enhance human ways of working: The thoughtful use of technology makes it possible to change the nature of work so that it makes the most of research teams’ distinctly human capabilities. From collaboration tools to artificial intelligence technologies that can guide our research teams in making decisions, technologies integrated with humans on teams will help enable your project teams to pursue new and better outcomes at greater speed and scale.
Qualification & Experience
- A Ph.D. degree in synthetic Organic Chemistry and postdoctoral experience or 1 - 2 years of industry drug discovery experience.
- You will bring excellent theoretical and practical expertise in synthetic organic chemistry with enthusiasm, creativity and problem solving and a strong interest in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative team-player with high energy for our fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and achieve research goals.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English as well as willingness to adopt a basic command of the German language.
Mannin encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mannin offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing research interests and career goals, along with a Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.